Role: To creatively apply web development techniques to build websites and other digital applications to meet client requirements within budgetary parameters.
Reports to: Lead Developer
We are currently seeking a full time Front-End Web Developer to join the Extreme Creations team at our Harrogate office.
Our client base spans many business sectors with projects ranging from brochure sites through to large CMS, e-commerce and bespoke application development projects. The position will require the development of new projects from scratch in conjunction with the maintenance of existing sites.
We have a lot of retained clients who are looking to get the most from their digital presence, so we’re on the lookout for people who can contribute with great ideas on a functional, creative as well as technical level.
Candidates should be enthusiastic team players; primarily you will be working in the development department, however you will also be collaborating with our in-house designers, online marketing team, project managers and account handlers to participate in the creative development of new ideas and solutions. The position is best suited to someone who thrives in a friendly and informal environment, but can also work to deadlines.
- To creatively apply web development techniques to build websites and other digital applications to meet client requirements within budgetary parameters
- Maintain existing sites including responding to tickets, providing technical support to clients and providing excellent customer service
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work with project team in the discovery and proposal stage to understand client requirements, contribute creative ideas, technical insight and clarify budgetary parameters
- Contribute to proposals and functional/technical specifications as required
- Understand your role in achieving the project plan, including timescales and milestones and work within the project team to deliver the project plan
- Log time and report actual time against planned time; highlight any concerns about ability to deliver within the planned time allocation
- Continually develop skills and knowledge to enhance the our client proposition
- Share knowledge and experience to strengthen the capability of the team
- Contribute to improvement of business processes